Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tricia is home, Delmer will be soon!

Hi everyone! This is Tricia. It feels good to be posting from my own computer in my own house! I just enjoyed some homemade chicken noodle soup delivered by my dear friend and co-worker Marron. She and the folks at EducationQuest and our family of companies are taking very good care of Delmer and me!

I was dismissed from the hospital yesterday (Friday) and was so happy and relieved to sleep in my own bed last night. I really am doing quite well, but can't deny bouts of ongoing nausea and pain. It's resulted in a love-hate relationship with Percocet! It makes me a bit nauseous, but also gives my great pain-relief (and that wonderful warm sleepy feeling :-). I knew this first week was not going to be loads of fun, so have been fully prepared for how I feel.

I just talked to Delmer on the phone and he sounds good! He had thought he might come home today but was derailed by a low-grade fever that hit last night. He reports that the fever is now gone, but they are doing a few tests to make sure everything is okay. He's hoping to go home tomorrow.

So...overall..things are hunky-dory in transplant land! I can speak for Delmer when I say we are both overwhelmed by the ongoing support from our friends and family. Despite pain and nausea, I can honestly say this has been an incredible experience - and I feel very blessed that God chose me for this journey. And hey...it's nice getting waited on hand and foot!

I'll update again tomorrow to give you the latest on Delmer.

Thanks again for everything!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad everyone is doing well. I had no doubt! Hope Delmer was able to go home today - nothing better than your own bed.

    ReplyDelete