Friday, November 13, 2009

Sorry for not posting any updates lately!

Good afternoon...it's Tricia with a long overdue update on the transplant saga. I say "saga" because that's what it's been for Delmer. The last update on October 31 announced that he was home from the hospital. Since that time he was admitted yet again! After experiencing no relief from the excessive fluid retention, the surgeon at the Med Center did yet another surgical procedure to fix the problem. Delmer reports that the combination of the surgery and a high dose of a diuretic has resulted in the loss of 20 lbs. of fluid over the past few days. Delmer says he feels so much better!

So...we'll hope and pray that the worst is over for our dear friend.

As for me...I started back to work on Monday and I have to say...it's kicked my butt! My poor body is going through serious couch withdrawal. But overall, I'm feeling great - and am very thankful for that. It's also great to back amongst my friends and coworkers.

So, on that note, I'd better get back to work. Delmer and I will be back in touch soon...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment