Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Gifts of Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! It's Tricia with a quick holiday greeting.

The ice storm has cometh, but for me that's okay. Homemade chicken and noodle soup is simmering on the stove; Christmas shopping is as done as it's gonna get; most of the gifts are wrapped and under the tree; and I'm not going anywhere today. This makes me realize how thankful I am for the gifts I have already received for Christmas:

  • Delmer is doing great! He reports that all post-surgery complications are resolved and he's now back to work full-time. I'm also doing great and have no iff-effects from the surgery. It was an amazing experience!

  • My girls (and Keeley's fiancee Jon) are here in Lincoln safe and sound and I'm grateful that I don't have to worry about them traveling during this crazy weather. I wish that were the case for all families!

  • Four-and-a-half years after suffering a traumatic brain injury, Dave is doing well! Those who were there in the aftermath of the accident know that he is a true miracle man.

  • I have incredible family, friends and coworkers! And I'm reminded of that every day.

I am SO thankful to God for all the blessings in my life. And I pray that He will bless all of you abundantly during this Christmas season!

Love, Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment